ALIENS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Evony Server67

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is some of the terminology I should know?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lord of all lords

Lord of all lords

What is some of the terminology I should know? Empty
PostSubject: What is some of the terminology I should know?   What is some of the terminology I should know? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 2:09 pm

To simplify some of the common maneuvers and functions in evony we have come up with our own small dictionary of terms we use. To be able to correspond with others in Evony quickly and effectively you will want to familiarize yourself with these terms.

Unit Maneuvers:

Spearhead: Your large strike with your strong offensive force usually containing mostly archers and swordsmen.

Blind: To strip all the scouts from a target city via sending a overwhelming number of scouts with an attack hero to scout the target city (engaging the target city scouts in a scout battle and killing all enemy scouts)

Peon Strike: An attack against a city using a disposable hero consisting of 100 or more warriors (usually under 1000) plus some layers to trigger the trebuchets, rolling logs and traps on inexpensive warriors instead of archers.

Pip: A single scout sent without a hero to scout a target city. You can quickly usually asses if the gates are open or closed using this method and/or if there are scouts at the target city. *note counts of units and other data may be incorrect on a pip report.

Pre-Impact Scout: Scouting moments before an attack to confirm no new reinforcements or the reinforcements are light enough to conquer.

Scout Bomb: An ATTACK on a city with 90k-100k. Scouts very often attack the archers in the city killing off anywhere between 15k-35k based on technologies and number of defending troops. It's an effective way to transfer honor to the defender at the same time as getting reasonable time attrition on strongly fortified cities.

Stream: To attack a city that has no defenses to decrease the loyalty of the city. Generally attacks are 200 cavalry to 3000 cavalry.

Player Types:

Breaker: A fully developed player that can support himself with NPC farming and very large numbers of barracks running at all times. This player usually is a person that does spearhead strikes against cities with the strongest defenses to strip them of their units and Attack Towers. They are also people that can specialize in exotic armies.

Burner: An individual that has an open city slot. Usually this person is still trying to develop his first city and is planting lvl 5 npc's around himself and others. This person is used to steal cities from enemies that strikers and breakers have reduced the loyalty down to 0.

Supplier: A player that produces tremendous amounts of resources. They are the people we turn to when a player has been hit and stripped. The supplier can supply enough resources for the stripped player to rebuild 8000 ATs all at once. Furthermore the supplier might help support extremely exotic armies such as rams and cataphracts in end game that Breakers might produce. These are some of the first people to be setup with lvl 10 NPC cities.

Striker: A light breaker, someone that doesn't quite have that many barracks or can't support them all quite yet. Usually this person will do light strikes against people that don't have fully developed defenses. It is critical for this player to have 2000-5000 cavalry as he/she is often needed to help stream.

Spider: A player that produces almost exclusively scouts. The speed at which producing scouts can be done this player needs a very strong economy and may need the occasional support from other players in the alliance for resources. Spiders are used mostly to blind enemies and provide intelligence on enemy cities so that strikers and breakers don't each have to have a large army of scouts as well as normal attack units. They will also occasionally scout bomb enemies to help soften them up prior to major strikes on cities.
Back to top Go down
http://aliens.vampire-legend.com

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ALIENS :: Help Center :: Guides - Strategies - Tactics-
Jump to: